As a multidisciplinary consulting firm, we integrate our technical expertise as planners, engineers, and surveyors with our longstanding experience in communications, consultation, and community engagement.
We tackle some of Canada’s most challenging infrastructure, transportation, development, and environmental issues. Meaningful consultation and community engagement play an important role in our projects, partly due to increased regulatory requirements, but also because our clients value the input of community and stakeholder expertise, perspectives, and ideas for innovative solutions that encourage successful projects.
With our in-depth understanding of a project’s technical details, MMM helps clients plan effective consultation strategies and controversial issue management early in the process. Our highly successful consultation and public outreach programs engage public participation to help raise awareness of the project, establish key relationships, identify issues, and evaluate new ideas and solutions for improved decision-making.
A wide range of projects have benefited from our consultation process, including environmental assessments, land use policy reviews, active transportation projects, and urban design studies. Since every project is different, customized strategies are created for each project. The materials we produce are polished and easy-to-understand (meeting all accessibility standards) – highlighting key messages using interactive communication tools. Several MMM staff are IAP2 (International Association of Public Participation) certified, providing an additional level of expertise and professionalism to our consultation practice. As experienced project managers, we can also oversee third-party consultation services whenever the strategic need arises for arms-length services.
With coast-to-coast offices and strong local knowledge, MMM’s consultation and community engagement services include:
- Consultation strategy design and delivery
- Facilitation of complex and/or controversial discussions
- Process management for complex environmental assessments
- Consultation data management and reporting
- Strategic government and stakeholder relations
- Collaborative solution development
- Stakeholder analysis
- Communication and awareness campaigns, including social media
- Community event, workshop, and meeting management
- Public communication materials including GIS simulations, 3D animations, concise writing, and appealing graphics to convey key messages