Sham Nankoosingh, BLA, OALA, CSLA
Manager, Landscape Architecture and Urban Design
- An award-winning landscape architect with more than 25 years’ experience in urban design and landscape architecture, Sham is known for his unique landscape architectural and urban design skills to create beautiful, functional, and environmentally responsible projects.
- Sham’s experience includes landscape and urban design for both private- and public-sector clients. He has been involved in many different types of projects including commercial, healthcare, educational, industrial, residential, recreational, law enforcement, waterfront developments, streetscape, transit, and infrastructure-related projects.
- His ecological experience includes analysis, preservation, remediation, restoration, compensation, and habitat creation for various aquatic and terrestrial species.
- He has provided full landscape architectural services for hundreds of public open space projects including urban plazas, trails, waterfronts, parks, and recreational facilities.
- He has been involved with more than 30 LEED accredited and sustainable design projects.
- His international experience includes urban design and landscape architectural projects in China, Hungary, Honduras, Myanmar (Burma), Trinidad, the U.S., and Ecuador.
Select Project Experience:
- Rosseau Waterfront, Seguin Township, Ontario
- African Savannah Exhibit at the Toronto Zoo, Toronto, Ontario
- Alexander the Great Parkette on Danforth Avenue, Toronto, Ontario
- IAAF / FIFA 2 Star Track and Football Facility – Chinguacousy Park, Brampton, Ontario
- Bayshire Pond, Oakville, Ontario
- Century Gardens Dry and Wet Fully Accessible Playground, Brampton, Ontario
- Casino Rama Hotel / Entertainment Development and Porte Cochere, Rama, Ontario
- Joseph Brant Hospital, Burlington , Ontario
- McMaster University Main Entrance and Student Centre, Hamilton, Ontario
- York Regional Police Investigative and Support Services Facility, Aurora, Ontario
- Sheridan College, Brampton, Ontario
- Peel Memorial Hospital, Brampton Ontario
- McClung Development Environmental Implementation Report, Haldimand County, Ontario
- York-Peel Feedermain and Landscape Restoration Plans, Peel and York, Ontario
- Minto Development Naturalization and Butternut Compensation Plans, Oshawa, Ontario
- Holland Landing, Queensville, Sharon Wastewater Infrastructure System, York Region, Ontario