The privacy of your personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) is of the utmost importance to WSP Global Inc., its subsidiaries, divisions and affiliates (“WSP”, “the Company”, “we”, “us” or “our”, as appropriate). You can find out details of the WSP Group by consulting in our offices. The intent of this policy is to preserve privacy rights and to let you know what information the Company collects and what you can expect when the company collects Personal Information.
WSP is committed to safeguarding the privacy of your information in accordance with the principles below:
- We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so;
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you, and will tell you how we will collect and use your information;
- If we have collected your information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained;
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it;
- We will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed;
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and we will ensure that any queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently; and
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations.
This policy applies to Personal Information that is processed by WSP and its affiliates worldwide. It applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our websites and the websites of our affiliates
- individuals who make general inquiries in their own capacity or on behalf of an organization
Collection and use of information
This information is collected in the aggregate and does not identify any individuals or gather Personal Information.
We use the personal information we collect to respond to online queries, to supply requested information on WSP projects or opportunities for the specific purpose stated on forms on this website.
Subscription to WSP newsletters
The name and contact information provided by website users who opt to subscribe to our newsletter is used for the distribution of the newsletter to the address provided. WSP has incorporated unsubscribe mechanisms into all electronic communications and users can unsubscribe at any time in accordance with our Anti-Spam Commitment.
Inquiries by e-mail
We will only use Personal Information provided to us via e-mail inquiries to respond to your inquiry or to manage our business relationship with you or your employer. We may also collect your name, title, company, address, and contact information including phone number and e-mail address and any information which you send to us or post on our Site, such as when you make an inquiry through our website or when you post content through a WSP affiliate blog. We will only use this information to contact you in order to answer your questions and requests, to provide you with the information WSP does not use the information provided in such inquiries to create individual profiles nor does it disclose the information to anyone other than those in the Company who are best suited to provide you a response.
E-mail monitoring or blocking software may be used for security purposes and for compliance with Company policies.
Sharing and processing of personal information
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process in any country where we have entities affiliates or operations;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our people, security , rights or property to protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request, or in connection with actual or threatened litigation
- if WSP or its affiliate is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information,
Transfer of personal information outside of Canada
Security of personal information
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We follow what we believe to be appropriate standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. As no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will use what we consider to be reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access. Please be careful whenever sending Personal Information to us via e-mail. E-mail is generally not a secure means of transferring information. We therefore cannot guarantee that this information will not be lost or used in a fraudulent manner and we encourage the use of e-mail encryption to communicate with us.
Applying to work with us
If you use the website to apply to work with us, we will use the information you supply to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. As a global business we may transfer your details outside of your home country and to other companies in our group. We use third parties who run some of the functionality on our website to help us recruit. We will ask you to sign up to additional privacy terms if you apply for a job with us. Once a person has taken up employment with us, we will compile a file relating to their employment. At that stage we will provide details about how we hold employee data and we will expect the employee to sign up to additional privacy terms as part of their employment.
Third party links and sites
Links to external/third party sites
Social media widgets
Personal Information that you provide to WSP via social media accounts is collected on those sites to capture conversations (e.g. questions and answers, comments, retweets) between you and the Company. It may be used to respond to inquiries, or for statistical, evaluation and reporting purposes. Comments posted that violate Canadian or any other applicable local law will be deleted and disclosed to law enforcement authorities. Comments that violate our comment policy will also be deleted.
User access and choice
Shoshana Rosenberg, Global Chief Privacy Officer
Second Floor, One Penn Plaza
New York, NY 10119, USA
Unless restricted by law, we will take all reasonable steps to functionally delete your Personal Information from our database(s) upon request, although we may keep a copy for archival purposes for as long as necessary in our opinion, in compliance with applicable laws. We will respond to your request to access, update or delete your Personal Information within thirty (30) business days. Before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies or delete any information, however, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details (in a secure manner) to help us to respond to your request.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services or information requested in your contact with us. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.