Service expansion will double the number of trains and reduce headways from 15 to eight minutes
- Retained by Capital Railway (CR) to provide regulatory support for the expansion of the O-Train rail transit service
- Expansion will be accompanied by infrastructure upgrades on the CR Ellwood Subdivision including the construction of additional passing sidings, the implementation of a centralized traffic control signal system, and six new Diesel Multiple Units (DMU).
- Provided expertise in railway regulations and operations for CR, and conducted an operational hazard analysis for the implementation of the new infrastructure and DMU equipment to ensure compliance with Transport Canada requirements
- Updated operating documentation including timetables, track schematics, service bulletins, operator manuals, and training programs for both the temporary operations during implementation phase and new operations once the systems are in place
- regulatory compliance
- operating documentation revision
- commissioning support