MMM was retained by Region of Peel to provide recommissioning and energy audit services for five residential living sites throughout Ontario
- Eighty-two low- or no-cost and operation and maintenance energy saving measures were identified across the five sites.
- Common energy-saving measures included equipment repairs, envelope thermal performance improvements, tenant electrical sub-metering, set point and schedule adjustments, and control optimization.
- Thirty-four capital improvement energy saving measures were identified across the five living sites.
- Recommendations for capital improvements included lighting retrofits, heating plant retrofits (including major equipment replacement), and the addition of variable frequency drives to pump and fan motors.
- Energy consumption savings of 25% were projected, along with a projected 20% saving in annual utility costs, and a 26% greenhouse gas emission reduction.
- energy audit
- building documentation
- field investigations
- monitoring and analyzing building systems
- energy saving calculations
- building optimization