Developed an overall master plan for park programming and a conceptual design of a veteran’s commemorative area
- MMM worked with community members, Legion representatives, and town staff to determine how to honor the historic significance of the park and create cohesiveness to multiple existing amenities.
- Existing on-site heritage features and adjacent land uses played an important role in shaping the plan.
- The consultation process determined that athletic programming, previously slated for decommissioning, was in strong demand from community interest groups.
- The final plan included a veteran’s commemorative area; gateways, entry features, and barriers to define activity areas and restrict traffic; way-finding signage; a boat dock; history camp kitchen; beach area; track and field event training area; and a destination lookout offering views of Fairy Lake and spectacular fall colours.
- Looping trail networks communicate interpretive sequences through information nodes and programmed destinations, telling a story of the heritage and natural features of this Muskoka parkland.
- public consultation
- concept design
- master plan report