The newest addition to the hospital will provide a permanent home for its cardiac program
- The final phase of a $450M, three-phase, P3 project, this 14,162-sq. m. expansion to the Kelowna General Hospital includes a cardiac and in-patient surgical suite, cardiac surgery intensive care unit, pre- and post-operative care unit, and a new medical device reprocessing department.
- Patients benefit from a healing garden in the central courtyard and an exterior landscape environment that focuses on the movement of pedestrians through the site.
- Innovative uses of B.C.-based materials are present throughout the site landscape, creating a functional space and inviting environment with a unique appearance.
- The new four story building and surrounding landscape will be LEED Gold certified and will showcase the use of B.C. timber products in a healthcare setting, in accordance with the Province of B.C.’s Wood First Act.
- electrical engineering
- mechanical engineering
- civil engineering
- landscape architecture
- communications / information technology
- information management