- MMM Group was retained by Metrolinx / GO Transit to provide engineering services for the detailed design of a major expansion project to the Milton Corridor, which runs along Canadian Pacific’s Galt Subdivision.
- MMM provided surveying, safety assessments for all at-grade work from West Toronto to Milton GO Station, detailed design for all track work between the West Toronto Diamond and Meadowvale Station, grading design, coordination of utility location and re-location, development of construction staging, and preparation of tender documents.
- Galt Subdivision was upgraded from two and three tracks along its length to four, allowing for all-day train service between West Toronto Diamond and Meadowvale Station in Mississauga.
- Careful consideration was given to the construction of two new bridges over Humber River and Etobicoke Creek, a rail-rail separation to allow two tracks to pass under the others, 15 bridge widenings, eight new grade separations, and modifications to all GO Train stations along the route.
- detailed design
- construction staging
- preparation of tender documents
- track design
- grading design