MMM’s use of an UAV drone ensured an accurate, quick, and safe survey while minimizing disruption to the area
- Performed an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) survey to create a digital terrain model and an aerial imagery map for a 1-sq km parcel of land
- Data consisted of a dense blanket of 3D points spaced 5-7 cm apart, while high-definition colour imagery showed exactly and accurately what was on the ground at that point in time.
- Post-processing classified and removed all irrelevant features to compile a true, ground-level digital model.
- Survey was completed in a matter of hours, including control setup, flight, and field QA / QC of the raw data
- Typical deliverables for an UAV operation include true colour orthophotos mosaics, 3D models, and digital surface models at the 5-7 cm / pixel resolution. Accuracy is typically at the 4-5 cm level. GIS and CAD ready files are available.
- topographic survey
- digital terrain model creation
- high resolution imagery collection