Award-winning lighting design and increased capacity provided to YVR Oval and Link building
The Link building and Oval acts as the central hub to the airport and connects the domestic and international terminals.
The five-storey expansion provides increased international check-in capacity, passenger screening, additional baggage systems, and corporate office space. This was a multi-phased project due to the complex location of the in-fill, which replaced the Level 3 link.
- Provided the design of electrical, communications, and security systems for the Link Building Expansion project
- Designed the lighting for the airport Oval and Link Building, as well as for the International Arrivals area
- Design of the Oval upper ceiling created an animated Northern Light effect with colour-changing LED luminaires backlighting the suspended curved 3Form panels
- Combination of low wattage metal halide, compact fluorescent, and LED luminaires were integrated into the building design to provide flow and wayfinding through the Arrivals area
- Project was featured in LD+A Magazine, a major lighting design industry magazine
- electrical engineering
- lighting design
- security design